BRITE '09 conference
March 4-5, 2009, New York City
The Center on Global Brand Leadership at Columbia Business School was pleased to host BRITE '09, part of a global series of conferences on branding, innovation, and technology.
BRITE '09 brought together big thinkers from business, technology, media, and marketing to discuss how technology and innovation are transforming the ways that companies build and sustain great brands.
Topics of discussion included:
- Digital marketing that works -- cases from the front lines
- Crowdsourcing, tribes, and marketing with online communities
- Social media, mass media, and the prospects for brands
- Next-generation business and the challenges of innovation
- Emerging trends in digital media, lifestyle, and culture
- Today's innovators: brands that thought big in 2008
Featured speakers included:
- Seth Godin, author of Tribes, Purple Cow, and the world's most popular marketing blog
- Alyson Meranze, VP, Digital Content & Strategy, American Express
- Lisa Hsia, Senior VP, New Media & Digital, Bravo TV
- Adam Nash, Senior Director, Product & User Experience, LinkedIn
- Steve Rubel, Senior VP, Director of Insights, Edelman Digital, author of the PR blog Micropersuasion.com
- Umair Haque, Director, Havas Media Lab, and author Edge Economy blog
- Jeff Howe, Contributing Editor, Wired Magazine and author of the new book Crowdsourcing
- Francois Gossieaux, Partner, Beeline Labs, and author of the 2008 Tribalization of Business Study
- Bernd Schmitt, professor and bestselling author, Big Think Strategy
- (see all speakers)
The first day hosted a large audience for keynotes, speeches, and panels featuring leading companies and case studies, new research, demos of emerging technologies, and the audience award for BRITE Big Thinker of the year. The second day focused on interactive discussions, break-outs, and peer networking. Live blogging, videocasts, and Twitter feeds will extend the discussion at BRITE to an even broader audience worldwide.
CMOs and heads of marketing, brand managers, Chief Innovation Officers, viral marketers, online community managers, interactive agencies, media buyers, Web 2.0 entrepreneurs, video & gaming creators, multi-platform media companies, and emerging technology investors.
BRITE attendees have included: Audi, BMW, boxee, Burger King, BusinessWeek, Chanel, Cisco, Citigroup, Clinton Global Initiative, CNN, Coca-Cola, Craigslist, Dell, Digitas Health, Dow Jones, Dupont, Fast Company, GE, GlaxoSmithKline, Goldman Sachs, Google, HP, IBM, Innovid, Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, Isobar, Kraft Foods, LEGO, Longworth Venture Partners, McDonald's, McKinsey, MediaPost, Microsoft, Mom Central, MySpace, The New York Times, Nickelodeon, Ogilvy & Mather, Pfizer, Procter & Gamble, R/GA, Salon.com, Samsung, Showtime, Siemens, Thomson Reuters
the United Nations, and more.
All attendees gain membership in the BRITE Network, an invitation-only online network which provides: voting on BRITE award nominees, discounts and special event invitations, full access to conference presentations and content, and a social networking platform for staying in touch with fellow BRITE attendees.