BRITE '10 conference
March 31-April 1, 2010
Roone Arledge Auditorium, 1st Floor, Alfred Lerner Hall
Columbia University, 116th Street and Broadway, New York City
"For those in the marketing, ad, digital, interactive – overall "innovation" space – the BRITE Conference is where to be." – Ross Park, attendee
BRITE '10 brought together big thinkers from business, technology, media, and marketing to discuss how technology and innovation are transforming the ways that companies build and sustain great brands.
BRITE offers a different blend of thinkers and doers, both onstage and off, than you will find at any other event. Participants come to think differently about the changing landscape of media and technology, and to connect with a unique group of innovators, marketers, entrepreneurs, and champions of social enterprise.
Click here to view uploads from BRITE '10 attendees and here to see speaker videos (we will begin uploading BRITE '10 speaker videos by 4/19).
Key themes at BRITE '10 included:
- Digital marketing – myths and realities of building brands in the online world
- Innovation now – open collaboration and designing your business in beta
- Customer networks – strategies to listen, engage, inspire, and mobilize them online
- Entertainment 2.0 – the future of music, film and gaming… and how they shape brands
- Age of disruption – brand bubbles, dead business models, and the post-crisis consumer
- The future of media – engaging audiences and creating new opportunities for brands
(see full agenda)
Featured speakers included:
- Vivian Schiller, President and CEO, National Public Radio
- Jeff Jarvis, author of What Would Google Do?
- Thomas Gensemer, Managing Partner, Blue State Digital
- Devon Harris, Grammy Award winning producer and songwriter for Kanye West
- Dwayne Spradlin, President and CEO, Innocentive
- John Gerzema, Chief Insights Officer, Young & Rubicam, author of The Brand Bubble
- Robin Chase, Founder and former CEO of ZipCar
- Bernd Schmitt, professor and bestselling author of Big Think Strategy
- David Rogers, host of BRITE and author of forthcoming The Network Is Your Customer
(see all speakers)
BRITE '10 hosted an audience of 300 for keynotes and panels that featured leading companies and case studies, new research, and demos of emerging technologies. The conference's second day focused on interactive discussions, break-outs, and peer networking. Live blogging, video, and Twitter feeds extended the discussion at BRITE to an even broader audience worldwide.
- Learn from your peers, ask questions, and share what you know
- Hear case studies from the business leaders who are making change happen
- See tomorrow's emerging trends and big ideas
- Rethink the challenges and opportunities for your business
- Meet the innovators who are driving the next wave in technology and branding
What Attendees Have Said
"BRITE was a great conference, with thought provoking sessions… great insights, and best of all — good discussions and conversations among the audience." - Francois Gossieaux
"Thanks so much for putting together a fantastic conference, I attend a number, and this one really stood out as changing the way I view business." - attendee
"I got the idea for my next book to write at your conference." - Jeff Jarvis
"Amazing presentations and ideas." – C.B. Whittemore
"The conference really inspired us. My partner and I are really looking at everything we do and repositioning ourselves frankly around all the stuff we learned over those 2 days. So I thank you for that. It's definitely the future and the future is now." - Warren Strugatch
"Truly inspiring, congratulations!" - Fabian Pfortmüller
"Forward thinking concepts and speakers, didn't tell us what we 'are' doing, but gave ideas as to what we should be doing and innovative platforms on which to do it." – attendee
"I was glad to be part of it and hear from a high caliber of presenters. I believe that you're onto something special with BRITE." - Jeff Fleischman
"Thanks to BRITE for creating a community where innovators, leaders and really great people can come together to create relationships that will truly create BRITE outcomes for millions of people." – Lisa Buskbaum
CMOs and heads of marketing, brand managers, Chief Innovation Officers, leaders of social enterprises and non-profits, viral marketers, online community managers, interactive agencies, media buyers, web entrepreneurs, video & gaming creators, multi-platform media companies, and emerging technology investors.
Companies at our conferences have included: Absolut Vodka, Adidas, American Ballet Theatre, American Express, AOL, Audi, BMW, Boxee, Burger King, BusinessWeek, Carnegie Hall, Chanel, Cisco, Citigroup, Clinton Global Initiative, CNN, Coca-Cola, Colgate-Palmolive, Craigslist, Dell, Digitas Health, Dow Jones, Dupont, Eli Lilly, Estee Lauder, Fast Company, Feedburner, GE, Goldman Sachs, Google, HP, IBM, Interbrand, John Templeton Foundation, Johnson & Johnson, Kraft Foods, LEGO, Lenovo, Leo Burnett, L'Oreal, McDonald's, McKinsey, Merrill Lynch, Microsoft, Movado, MySpace, The New York Times, Nickelodeon, Nielsen, Novartis, Ogilvy, Pando Networks, Pfizer, Procter & Gamble, Quattro Wireless, R/GA, Reuters, Samsung, SAP, Siemens, Taco Bell, TACODA, TIAA-CREF, Time Warner, UNICEF, Unilever, United Nations, Univision, Volkswagen, and many others.
We have a range of sponsorship packages (download .pdf). If you are interested in a sponsorship opportunity, please contact:
Matthew Quint, Assistant Director, Center on Global Brand Leadership